Last Updated: Dec 1st, 2023
Information we collect
- Information you provide to us or allow others to provide to us
At various points in the BILAFYA experience, you may provide us with information about yourself. For example, when you create an account with BILAFYA, you provide us with personal information like your name, location, and phone number. And if you place an order with BILAFYA, we collect information including your address, phone number, and the details of your order.
- Technical information about usage of BILAFYA
When you use the BILAFYA services, either through our mobile app, we automatically receive some technical information about the hardware and software that is being used.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our partners use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and device identifiers. Cookies are small text files that are sent by your computer when you access our services through a browser. We may use session cookies (which expire when you close your browser), persistent cookies (which expire when you choose to clear them from your browser), and other identifiers to collect information from your browser or device that helps us personalize your experience and remember things like that you have already logged in to BILAFYA.
We employ some third-party services to help us understand the usage of BILAFYA, and these third parties may also deploy cookies on our site or collect information through our mobile applications. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand, in a non-personal way, how users interact with various portions of our site.
Log information: When you use BILAFYA, our servers will record information about your usage of the service and information that is sent by your device. Logs information can include things like the IP address of your device, information about the browser, operating system and/or app you are using, unique device identifiers, pages that you navigate to and links that you click, searches that you run on BILAFYA, and other ways you interact with the service. If you are logged into the BILAFYA service, this information is stored with your account information.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide the BILAFYA service to you and to improve the quality of the service we’re able to offer
- Show your location and phone number to the seller so he can deliver or call or text you with any updates or problems
- Offer you customized content (including advertising and promotions), such as prominently displaying items you purchase frequently.
- Understand how users interact with our service as a whole in order to test new features and improve BILAFYA for everyone
- Provide customer service, respond to your communications and requests, and contact you about your use of BILAFYA
What we share
BILAFYA is a platform that connects users with the food suppliers who deliver the goods that users want. To facilitate the process, we may need to share information about you and your order with the other parties who help enable the service. This includes, for example, the Shopper(s) who prepare the food and the delivery service who deliver the order.
We also share information under the following principles:
- For legal purposes — We share your information when we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process, or requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities, (b) prevent, detect, or otherwise handle fraud, security, or technical issues, and (c) protect the safety, rights, or property of any person, the public, or BILAFYA.
- On a non-personal or aggregate basis — We share information with sellers and advertisers on both a non-personally identifying basis (including order and delivery details) and an aggregate basis.
- For business purposes — We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share your information between and among BILAFYA, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
Account Deletion in Mobile App
BILAFYA values your privacy and gives you full control over your personal information. If you wish to delete your account, this can be easily done directly within our mobile app. Here’s how:
- Open the BILAFYA mobile app and log in to your account.
- Go to the ‘My Profile’ section.
- Within ‘My Profile,’ you will find the ‘Delete Account’ option.
- Tap on ‘Delete Account’ and follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your decision.
Please be aware that deleting your account is a permanent action. All your data, including order history and personal details, will be irrevocably erased from our systems. If you decide to use BILAFYA services in the future, you will need to create a new account.
Changes to this Policy
This policy may change from time to time and any revised Policy will be posted at this page, so we encourage you to review it regularly. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as a notice on our homepage or sending you a notification).